Havana Vintage Car Tours – Cuba Your Way
Escape the crowds and tour buses on our custom Havana vintage car tours and see exactly what you came to Cuba to see. Recommended by Fodor’s as one of the top Cuba tour operators, Access Culinary Trips pioneered small group guided tours in Havana. Now you can design your own custom day tour and see Cuba your way in a classic car. Choose from our many curated experiences and connect with local Cubans in a meaningful way while supporting Cuba’s burgeoning private sector during a pivotal moment in history.
Lunch at a paladar (private restaurant) is included in your Havana vintage car tour. Choose any of the lunch activities below, or ask us about some of our other favorite paladares.
Our Cuba experts will work with you to customize the perfect full-day Havana classic car tour for your group, ensuring that you meet the legal requirements for travel in Cuba. These exclusive, privately guided tours of Havana are priced from $445 per person.
On Your Cuba Farm Tour You Will:
Choose up to 8-hours of activities below:
Walking Tour of Old Havana
We will head to Plaza Vieja, which dates back to 1559 and whose buildings have been lovingly restored to their former glory. Here we will stroll through the plaza- visit art galleries, a coffee roastery, and even take a short break at a chocolate cafe, where you might like to sip a cup of hot or cold chocolate and taste their delectable chocolate treats. And, if you still have room, perhaps try some refreshing coconut ice cream from an ice cream street cart. Next we’ll explore Plaza de la Catedral, dominated by the stunning 18th century Catedral de San Cristóbal and Plaza San Francisco de Asis, near Havana’s harbor. And finally, we’ll visit the Museum of the City and Plaza de Armas. 2.5-3 hours
Finca Marta Sustainable Farm
We’ll take a 40-minute drive to a sustainable, organic farm just outside Havana. A recent venture started by a young and entrepreneurial agricultural engineer, Finca Marta is the model for sustainable farming in Cuba. In a country with little access to equipment and technology, Fernando Funes, a Ph.D. turned farmer, develops and refines sustainable farming techniques that focus on the inter-connectedness of agriculture and the environment. Our visit includes a delectable farm-to-table lunch prepared by our host’s lovely wife. 3-3.5 hours
Note: This experience is not available on Wednesdays or Fridays and requires a minimum of 4 guests.
Join us for a salsa class at the home of Johan, one of our fabulous dance instructors. Climbing two stories on a rickety spiral staircase (the main staircase is continuously under repair), you will get a sense of how Cubans make do with the status quo, while maintaining their passion and optimism. Once upstairs, the dance troupe’s infectious smiles and joie de vivre will have you dancing in no time! 1 hour
Authentic Market Visits
This morning, we learn how food is purchased in Cuba with a trip to a mercado agropecuario (produce market) where you can chat with the friendly vendors as the locals purchase their fruits and vegetables. Next door is a ration store where you will learn how Cubans procure their basic supplies. Our last market stop is a supermarket, where you will get a stark sense of what is, and is not, available to everyday Cubans. 1.5 hours
Cooking Demonstration & Mojito Class
We will head to one of Havana’s oldest and most renowned paladares for a delicious lunch prepared especially for us, and served in a beautiful garden setting. But first, we will have a fun mojito cocktail class at the paladar’s stunning bar! Bring your mojito along as you are invited into the kitchen for a cooking demonstration to learn the executive chef’s secrets to preparing traditional Cuban fare (think paella or ropa vieja) with a modern twist. 3 hours
Lunch at La Guarida
Enjoy lunch at the famous La Guarida, the epitome of elegant shabby chic. Consistently rated as one of the top paladares (private restaurants) in Havana, La Guarida is renowned for its innovative cuisine and of course, its part in the movie “Fresa y Chocolate.” 1.5-2 hours
Visit the Fuster Gallery, where you will see José Fuster’s whimsical and colorful mosaic sculptures and tilework that have spread throughout his neighborhood. 30-45 minutes
Callejon de Hamel
We will wander through the street art gallery of muralist and painter Salvador Gonzales. Heavily influenced by the traditions of Santeria, an Afro-Caribbean religion, Salvador’s street art uses everything from bathtubs to car parts. We will peruse Salvador’s gallery and meet with the artist or curator who are happy to answer any questions about Santeria or the artist’s interesting work. 30 minutes
Finca Vigia & Cojimar
Visit Finca Vigia, Hemingway’s house just outside Havana, where he was inspired to write three of his most famous novels. Then head to Cojimar, a small fishing village where Hemingway docked his beloved boat, Pilar. Cojimar was the inspiration for his famous novel, “The Old Man and the Sea,” for which Hemingway was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. Enjoy a delicious lunch with a mojito class, and daiquiris overlooking the water at one of Hemingway’s favorite watering holes. 3.5-4 hours
Note: This experience is not available on Sundays.
Hotel Nacional de Cuba
This imposing, historic, art-deco hotel was once the playground for America’s mafia and movie stars. Overlooking the Malecon and the Straits of Florida, the patio and grounds are not to be missed. Grab a comfy sofa and soak in the atmosphere – along with a cocktail or two. You might even see one of the resident peacocks! This is our favorite chill-out spot in all of Havana. If you are inclined, there is a well stocked cigar boutique at the hotel as well. 30-90 minutes
Daiquiris at El Floridita
Stop by the “Cradle of the Daiquiri” for a Hemingway-approved, blended concoction. Touristy but fun, El Floridita is a historic restaurant and bar that was a favorite haunt of the Nobel Laureate. 30 minutes
More Great Options for Your Havana Classic Car Tour
- Cruise the Malecon – 15 minutes
- Visit a Havana cigar factory – 1 hour
- Drive by Revolution Square – 15 minutes
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Las Terrazas – half day
- Vinales Valley tobacco plantation and farm-to-table lunch – full day, can be combined with Las Terrazas
- What else do you envision?
Can’t get enough? Ask us about evening add-ons to our Havana vintage car tours. Our 4-5 hour evening excursions include a dinner stop and tickets to one of Havana’s hottest shows, such as the Tropicana Cabaret and Buena Vista Social Club.
Our Havana Vintage Car Tours Include:
- Private transportation around Havana in a classic 1950s car
- A full day of sightseeing (determined by your ship’s schedule)
- Lunch at a delicious private restaurant
- Bottled water
- English speaking tour leader
- Transfers to and from your cruise ship or Havana accommodations
About Our Havana Vintage Car Tours:
- Space on our Havana vintage car tours is limited to just 10 guests per day, so book your tour now. If your group is over 10 people, please call 1-800-567-9400 or email us to discuss availability and pricing.
- Tour times are flexible around your ship’s schedule.
- All of our Havana guided tours are led by an English speaking tour leader. Our Cuban tour leaders earn an average rating from our guests of 9.8 out of 10!
- Groups of 7+ will be accommodated in a second car with a second English speaking guide.
- Not recommended for guests with wheelchairs or those with walking difficulties, due to walking involved and uneven ground.
- Our Havana vintage car tours are legal for Americans and are operated under a license granted by the US Treasury Department.
- In order to comply with US regulations and our OFAC license, we will work with you to design a guided classic car tour of Havana that includes a full schedule of activities that support the Cuban people.
- View all of our Cuba shore excursions.
- If you are looking for a longer Cuba or Havana tour, please check out our 5-day Weekend in Havana Tour or our 8-day Cuba Culinary Tour.
- Click here to learn more about traveling to Cuba under the latest policies.