Exclusive Day Trips from Havana: Cuba Farm Tours
Join us on a visit to one of our favorite places in Cuba, Finca Marta, on our sustainable Cuba farm tour – one of our exclusive day trips from Havana. Started by a passionate and entrepreneurial agricultural engineer, Finca Marta is the model for sustainable farming in Cuba. Fernando Funes, a Ph.D. turned farmer, decided to put his theories of agricultural sustainability to the test. In a country that has little access to equipment and technology, Fernando works to develop and refine sustainable farming techniques that focus on the inter-connectedness of agriculture and the environment. He shares his new techniques with the local farming community and hopes to extend his knowledge throughout Cuba. Fernando’s goal is to help farmers make a living so that they don’t abandon farming to other pursuits, leaving Cuba dependent on foreign imports of food. After we explore the farm, learning about sustainability, the organic produce (which supplies the top paladares in Havana), and Finca Marta’s honey production, you’re in for a treat. Fernando’s lovely wife, Claudia, will cook you the freshest and most delicious farm-to-table meal you can imagine!
In addition to this authentic Cuban farm tour, you will also take in the highlights of Old Havana, cruise the Malecon, and explore the whimsical, mosaic street art of Fusterlandia. You’ll uncover multiple facets of Cuba in a way that is rarely accomplished in a day tour – all while riding in our sweet 1957 Chevy. Your magical day trip from Havana will end with sunset drinks on the patio of the renowned and historic Hotel Nacional before returning to your ship.
Our exclusive trip to Finca Marta is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to connect with local Cubans in a truly meaningful way as you support this non-profit venture during a pivotal moment in history. If visiting Havana is like going back in time 70 years, taking a day trip from Havana to the Cuban countryside is another world entirely!
Access Culinary Trips pioneered food tours in Havana and is recommended by Fodor’s as one of the top Cuba tour operators. Now, for the first time, our carefully curated, sustainable Cuba farm tour experience is available to guests looking for day trips from Havana far from the crowds.
Our Cuba farm tours are legal for Americans and are compatible with most cruise arrivals from the US. We operate under a license granted by the US Treasury Department.
On Your Cuba Farm Tour You Will:
- Enjoy an exclusive visit to a sustainable farm, learning about rural life in Cuba
- Explore Old Havana on foot, with a stop at a coffee roaster or chocolate cafe
- Discover a neighborhood covered in stunning tile art, followed by a visit to the artist’s gallery
- Cruise the famous Malecon and drive by Revolution Square in a 1957 Chevy
- End the day with a cocktail on the patio of the historic Hotel Nacional
- Have the option to book a dinner and entertainment add-on excursion
Our Sustainable Cuba Farm Tours Include:
- Private transportation in a classic 1950s car
- Approximately eight hours of sightseeing (exact timing determined by your ship’s schedule)
- Farm tour with farm-to-table lunch
- Bottled water
- English speaking guide
- Transfers to and from your cruise ship or Havana accommodations
About Our Day Trips from Havana:
- Our private Cuba farm tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to run. If your party is over 10 people, please call 1-800-567-9400 or email us to discuss availability and pricing.
- Car, driver and guide are private and exclusive to your party. However, in some cases you might be joined at Finca Marta by other Access Culinary Trips guests.
- Timing for our day trips from Havana is flexible around your ship’s schedule.
- All of our tours are led by an English speaking tour leader. Our Cuban tour leaders earn an average rating from our guests of 9.8 out of 10!
- Groups of 7+ will be accommodated in a second car with a second English speaking guide.
- Not recommended for guests with wheelchairs or those with walking difficulties, due to walking involved and uneven ground.
- Our Cuba farm tours are legal for Americans and are operated under a license granted by the US Treasury Department.
- In order to comply with US regulations and our OFAC license, our tours are specifically designed to include a full schedule of activities that support the Cuban people.
- View all of our Havana day tours.
- If you are looking for a longer Cuba or Havana tour, please check out our 5-day Weekend in Havana Tour or our 8-day Cuba Culinary Tour.
- Click here to learn more about traveling to Cuba under the latest policies.