INSTRUCTION - NEW ZEALAND SNOWBOARD COACHING
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality New Zealand snowboard trips and instruction on the market. We know there are a multitude of other snowboard schools and instruction programs that you could choose from, but we believe that ours is unique thanks to the individual attention we give our clients and to the quality and nature of our coaches. It's also unique because rather than being confined to just one mountain resort, as most snowboard schools are, our snowboard coaching takes place at a variety of different resorts in the magnificent New Zealand Alps while you receive continuity of instruction.
OUR NEW ZEALAND SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTION PROGRAM
Our New Zealand snowboard trip is ideal for those who want to develop their all-round riding. You can choose to focus solely on freeriding, or you can work on developing your freestyle and freeride skills. There will be plenty of opportunities for both.
Beginners: Our beginner snowboarding program in New Zealand is tailored to guests who have snowboarded a few times before and can ride a basic slope. To read more about this program, please check out our beginners section
Intermediates: Our intermediate snowboarding program in New Zealand is designed to ensure that intermediate snowboarders optimize their overall technique, develop their style, and challenge their performance. At the beginning of your New Zealand snowboard trip we'll assess your particular development needs and then work with you to achieve your goals by providing you with snowboarding tips, advice and instruction. To increase your confidence, speed and technique you will be taught to exercise more control of your board by doing 360 slides, riding switch, doing ollies, and riding steep terrain. We will also check to ensure that you ride using the optimal technique and body positioning. For intermediate snowboarders who are interested in freestyle, we will provide snowboarding tips and instruction on jumping kickers, sliding rails and boxes and riding pipe. Intermediate snowboarders who are more into freeriding will be familiarized with different turning techniques, such as carving and fakie riding, and will be encouraged to ride more confidently and aggressively. You will also be encouraged to test your riding by taking advantage of natural hits, bumps and walls. In addition, we will teach you the correct technique for riding powder and we will familiarize you with using avalanche transceivers and other backcountry safety equipment. In the evening there will be video coaching to further illustrate the snowboarding tips and instruction we provide you during the day. There will also be informal evening workshops on such topics as backcountry safety and waxing and tuning. To minimize your chance of injury, we will start each day with a warm-up session targeted specifically to snowboarders.
Advanced: Our advanced snowboard program in New Zealand is for freestyle and freeride snowboarders who are very proficient riders and who would like to improve certain freestyle tricks or freeride techniques, or who are looking to push their overall riding by snowboarding with world-class athletes. You will be accompanied by a professional snowboard instructor who can help you with whichever skills you wish to develop, be it perfecting certain tricks in the park or working on picking and perfecting backcountry lines. These coaches will provide you with all the snowboarding tips you need to develop your riding long after the trip is over. As with beginner & intermediate level riders, we will film you during the day and analyze the footage with you in the evening to provide you with additional feedback and snowboarding tips. There will also be informal evening workshops on such topics as backcountry safety and waxing and tuning.
Please note: To better cater to your level, coaches may not always choose to work with their entire group at the same time. This will result in more tailored coaching but may mean you are left to practice on your own for some periods of the day.
WE BASE OUR NEW ZEALAND SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTION ON THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
*Individual attention: Most snowboard schools and camps process so many clients each week, they cannot afford to give students the individual attention they deserve. Although our instruction is group instruction, we treat each client as an individual - identifying their particular development needs and learning goals and working with them to ensure they receive the necessary snowboarding tips and instruction to meet their learning goals.
* Low coach-to-client ratio: In order to ensure clients receive the attention they deserve, we use a much lower client-to-coach ratio than do most New Zealand snowboard instruction programs. Our client-to-coach ratio is a maximum of 6-to-1 (often it is much lower), whereas many snowboard schools use a ratio as high as 10-to-1.
* Proprietary coaching program: Our team of expert instructors has worked hard to develop a proprietary coaching program that maximizes client learning and contains all the snowboarding tips necessary to develop your riding.
* Maximum flexibility & all-day coaching: Although we base our New Zealand snowboard instruction on a comprehensive plan, we nevertheless keep it as flexible, relaxed, and tailored to the individual as possible. The atmosphere we create is more one of riding with friends than partaking in a lesson. Our instructors will ride alongside you giving you snowboarding tips and encouragement; they won`t line you up in a group and teach from a generic lesson plan as you find in a typical snowboard school experience. Also unlike typical snowboard schools, we don`t limit you to just a few hours of instruction per day; our instructors are available to encourage you and give you snowboarding tips all day long. You can use our New Zealand snowboard instructors as little or as much as you like, and you can push yourself as much as you choose.
* Highest quality instructors: We work hard to select the best possible instructors. Our New Zealand snowboard coaches are expert snowboarders (many are professional or competitive snowboarders) who have extensive coaching experience. Perhaps even more importantly, our instructors are fun, open and easy-going people who love to teach.
* Video coaching & workshops: To maximize your learning and to further illustrate the snowboarding tips we give you during the day, we use video coaching and informal evening workshops.
* Long-term improvement: Snowboarding can be a challenging sport. There is so much to learn and you may not master all the skills and techniques you desire during your short time with us. One of the goals of our New Zealand snowboard program, therefore, is to give you all the snowboarding tips, knowledge and advice that you need to be able to continue to learn from us months and even years after you`ve left us.
* An unforgettable experience: Although we want you to maximize your snowboard performance, our most important goal is that you have a fantastic time while traveling with us in New Zealand. For this reason we work hard to create a supportive, relaxed and fun atmosphere and to create an itinerary that is unique and full of variety.
| || |
||Our highest priority when running our New Zealand snowboard trips is to recruit the best staff in the industry! In selecting our staff we not only look for accomplished athletes and instructors but also those who have the necessary personalities to make your trip unforgettable.
Click here to learn more about our team.